Thursday, October 20, 2011

and now...some clogs

So you know I may have mentioned on this blog before that I was thinking of painting the board I stepped on.
Well....I did it in the end (see above).
It started off as I'd done some practice (stepping back & stepping over) and found that unless I started in exactly the right place my foot slipped off the board back or front. So I found the right start position and drew round my feet in pencil. But it was very faint, so I thought I know I'll paint round the outline in red. Got out the watercolours and started painting....and well one thing led to another and before I knew it I'd painted a pair of clogs on the board.


When you look from the right angle they look a bit 3D. Very pleased with the result.

7 comments:

  1. How lovely! I would have a problem dancing on those clogs - the picture is too good to spoil. I hope it's on your wall now. You need a new board with a picture of something you don't like painted on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely picture! Much too nice to dance on. I hope you have it hanging on your wall now.
    You will have to get a new board and paint something on it that you don't like so you won't mind giving it a good pounding now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't think of anything I don't like. lol
    Might do some minature versions though. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why not paint some grapes. You can do a little wine making! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol!
    I've had spiders, mice and ants suggested as thing to paint on the other side. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the board. Such an inspired idea.

    ReplyDelete